Monday, May 27, 2013

Blogging Challenge - Challenge 10

Student Blogging Challenge
Evaluation

For this last challenge, we were to evaluate our blog by answering the questions from the "student blogging challenge" website.  Here are my answers:

My blog evaluation:
1. How many posts did you write? - 9 posts (counting this one)

2. How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge? - All but one of my posts were set by the challenge.  The other post was about my own interests and feelings, but it was also school based because I did it at school.

3. How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers, or overseas students? - 19 comments

4. Which post received the most comments?  Why do you think that happened? - My first challenge, "Who Am I", received the most comments.  I think this happened because it was the first challenge of the student blogging challenge and everyone was excited to start blogging.  As it got later into the challenge, less and less people were commenting, probably because they were sort of fizzled and tired of the blogging.  I also think it got a lot of comments because it had a lot to do with favorites and things that I like.  It is easy for people to relate to favorites and opinions, especially ones about famous people and celebrities that everyone knows about.  I think that the first challenge got received the most comments because everyone was excited to start blogging and it was easy to relate to.

5. Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why? - Challenge 6 (the one about digital citizenship) was most definitely my favorite post to write.  I liked it because we had so many options of things to choose from.  They all sounded pretty cool, so it was hard to pick one.  I also liked how on the  option I chose, activity 5, I got to play a game and learn about digital citizenship.  I also got to see what they said about my digital citizenship skills, which was interesting.  Lastly, I liked how we used a web 2.0 tool to teach other people about digital citizenship.  I made a Thinglink to teach people about it, and it was really fun.  Challenge 6 would most definitely have to be my favorite post that I wrote.

6. Did you change blog themes at all and why? - Yes, I changed it multiple times (mostly just the background and color scheme).  I changed it because I changed a lot throughout the year and I wanted my blog to reflect me and my style.

7. How many widgets do you have?  Do you think this is too many or not enough? - I have 11 widgets on my blog.  I don't think this is too many, nor do I think this is not enough.  I think that is a perfect balance in between those two.  It is just right.

8. How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll? - 3 overseas students' blogs


Along with the blog evaluation, I also had my sister, Grace, (who is in my grade but doesn't have a blog), and my mom go around my blog.  I found that they really liked my blog, but they thought some of the things that I posted were a little too boring.  They thought that it was kind of bland to only have posts for the student blogging challenge, no other school-based or interest-based posts.  Overall, they really liked the set-up and the content of my blog, but they thought it could use more of a variety of different posts and pages.  I am going to try to help this by posting more of a variety of posts, like "how-to's" or posts about my personal interests.


What were some of the things you found when filling out your blog evaluation?  What about the evaluation with another student and teach/parent?  Leave a comment! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment